Impress your guests with a baking challenge you set for yourself and enjoy the process while you have your Christmas playlist on. Make them in batches, fill them up with our nut butters or make it a perfect gift alongside our Nut Butter Variety Box for your loved ones and neighbours!
Serving: 16 cookies
- 1 cup (120g) almond flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 a vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the perfect Linzer Cookies:
- Whisk almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, zest, seeds scraped out of the vanilla bean, and salt.
- Add maple syrup and coconut oil. Mix to form a ball of dough.
- Roll out between two pieces of wax paper to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cutout with a linzer cookie cutter, you should get approximately 16 cookies.
- Transfer dough to a pan and freeze for 30 minutes (this makes transferring to the baking sheet easier.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Use a spatula to transfer cookies to a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely.
- Spoon a dollop of your choice of filling on each whole cookie, top with the cutout cookies, and chill until the filling is firm.